I have been writing on and off since 2001. Some of my earliest works were published in Children’s World magazine and the weekday supplements of The Indian Express. Copies of these are probably in my mother’s safekeeping back home!
The highlight of my writing career is receiving the National Balsree Honor for excellence in Creative Writing. I received this from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, then-President of India at the Rashtrapathi Bhavan in New Delhi.
Since 2009, however, many of my articles have also been put up online (a discovery I made rather late in the day!) Here are some of them:
- Deccan Herald: Buttered Side Down
- Deccan Herald: English Vinglish
- Deccan Herlad: Everyday Battles
- Indian Express: To measure life out with Coffee Spoons
- Indian Express: The bubble of campus-based literature
- Indian Express: Bangalore city life beckons
My story ‘A matter of opinion’ will soon appear in the Pageturners ‘Across the ages’ anthology in 2013. Pageturners is a collaborative venture of Penguin India and SIP books.
My Story ‘Couple’s Massage’ made it to the Top 5 of the Elle Fiction Awards 2013 and will be part of an e-book anthology by Random House India later this year.